Lancelot in Films
- 1950s British television series The Adventures of Sir Lancelot. William
Russell plays Lancelot in the first British television series ever to be made
- 1953 film Knights of the Round Table, Lancelot (Robert Taylor) and Guinevere's
(Ava Gardner) affair is limited to a kiss, and he defeats Mordred (Stanley
Baker) after Arthur (Mel Ferrer) dies.
- Lancelot du Lac, a French film by Robert Bresson.
- 1975 comedy film Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "Sir Lancelot the
Brave" (played by John Cleese). In the 2005 Broadway version of this
film, Spamalot, Lancelot's quest leads him to discover that he is gay.
- 1981 John Boorman film, Excalibur, Lancelot (Nicholas Clay) is portrayed
much in the same manner as in Malory.
- King Arthur and the Knights of Justice was an animated series featuring
a 20th century New York football team called the Knights, who are led by quarterback
Arthur King. Arthur and the New York Knights are transported to Camelot by
- 1995 film, First Knight, Lancelot (Richard Gere), comes to the court of
King Arthur (Sean Connery) as a fearless fighter. He rescues Guinevere (Julia
Ormond) from Sir Malagant and falls in love with her at their first meeting.
Following the death of Arthur, Lancelot and Guinevere marry and rule the kingdom
- 2004 film, King Arthur, Lancelot (Ioan Gruffudd) is an atheist, in contrast
to Arthur (Clive Owen), who is a devout Catholic. Lancelot dies at the end,
before Arthur becomes king .
Sir Lancelot, knight of the Round Table